The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.2 adds a number of major improvements, including deeper workflow integration, expanded capabilities to detect issues such as cross-contamination within the same extraction plate, usability improvements, and importantly, addition of newly supported PCR instruments.
FastFinder Workflow 1.1 has extended support for sample and plate handling: Workflow now allows tracking of multi-plate analyses, manually adding samples to plates and resolving a batch of instrument errors in a single click. As Workflow is being adopted rapidly by routine labs, we also very significantly extended the portfolio of supported instruments, across a range of vendors.
Lastly, we’ve added significant improvements to Lab Management, the lab data repository that centralizes all information on your assays, instruments, users and analyses, and provides connectivity.
With Lab Management 1.2, we’ve taken strides forward in supporting your labs Quality Control. Specifically, the QC module is able to visualize Cq and end-fluorescence of control samples, and offers QC visualization with charts.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions! Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
Analysis 4.2.1 (Mar 05, 2021)
- A bug fix and additional smoothing are implemented for the qTower parser
Analysis 4.2.0 (Jan 22, 2021)
With this release, Extraction plate information is now available during Analysis if FastFinder Workflow is used by the lab. This new capability allows the software to provide visualization and perform reasoning about control validity and now supports the detection of cross-contamination of samples coming from the same extraction plate.
Moreover, repeated samples that already have an authorized result will be clearly indicated so that the most recent result can immediately be consulted during the analysis and interpretation.
And finally, the following newly supported instruments have been added to the FastFinder portfolio:
- qTower systems by Analytik Jena (.rtpx & .rtpx384)
- SENTiNAT 200 by Sentinel Diagnostics (.sentinat200)
- It is now possible to edit multiple results at once by selecting multiple rows in Details.
- It is now possible to configure which columns need to be visualized in Details. The configured columns are remembered for future analyses in your web browser of choice.
- .pcrd files coming from the new CFX Maestro software 2.0 can now be used for analysis.
- for qPCR assays, the cross-contamination rules (if and when applicable for your assay plugin configuration) can now be set using relative (i.e. ΔCq) thresholds in addition to the existing absolute thresholds.
The following issues have been fixed in the Analysis 4.2 release:
- Single well selection in Results plate view often selects wrong well
- Selecting wells in the results plate view via dragging does not work due to a scaled plate view
- Selection of curves and wells is cleared in multiplate analyses after switching plates
- ‘Go to assays’ link from Analysis to the Assays module does not work when working in an incognito window