The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.2 adds a number of major improvements, including deeper workflow integration, expanded capabilities to detect issues such as cross-contamination within the same extraction plate, usability improvements, and importantly, addition of newly supported PCR instruments.
FastFinder Workflow 1.1 has extended support for sample and plate handling: Workflow now allows tracking of multi-plate analyses, manually adding samples to plates and resolving a batch of instrument errors in a single click. As Workflow is being adopted rapidly by routine labs, we also very significantly extended the portfolio of supported instruments, across a range of vendors.
Lastly, we’ve added significant improvements to Lab Management, the lab data repository that centralizes all information on your assays, instruments, users and analyses, and provides connectivity.
With Lab Management 1.2, we’ve taken strides forward in supporting your labs Quality Control. Specifically, the QC module is able to visualize Cq and end-fluorescence of control samples, and offers QC visualization with charts.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions! Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
For the specific release notes for Analysis 4.2 see (link) and for Workflow 1.1, see (link).
Lab management 1.2.2 (Feb 16, 2021)
- Controls without a Cq value are excluded when connecting points in the Levey-Jenninngs chart
Lab management 1.2.1 (Jan 22, 2021)
With the advent of this Lab Management release, a Quality control module is now available in FastFinder. This new module allows you to visualize Cq or (baseline-corrected) end-fluorescence values of control samples in a Levey-Jennings chart.
- Sample status takes samples Marked as failed in Workflow into account as well as samples Marked for retest in Analysis so that a user can filter on this status.
The following issues have been fixed in the Lab management 1.2 release:
- Multimix assays are not numbered in workflow setup
- Lab configuration lists still apply search filter after navigation
- Lab depending EF cutoffs cannot be decimal values
- When adding a new workflow all inactive workflows are shown in the workflow setup
- Error when clicking on plate with sample with non alphanumeric characters
Article is closed for comments.