The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.2 adds a number of major improvements, including deeper workflow integration, expanded capabilities to detect issues such as cross-contamination within the same extraction plate, usability improvements, and importantly, addition of newly supported PCR instruments.
FastFinder Workflow 1.1 has extended support for sample and plate handling: Workflow now allows tracking of multi-plate analyses, manually adding samples to plates and resolving a batch of instrument errors in a single click. As Workflow is being adopted rapidly by routine labs, we also very significantly extended the portfolio of supported instruments, across a range of vendors.
Lastly, we’ve added significant improvements to Lab Management, the lab data repository that centralizes all information on your assays, instruments, users and analyses, and provides connectivity.
With Lab Management 1.2, we’ve taken strides forward in supporting your labs Quality Control. Specifically, the QC module is able to visualize Cq and end-fluorescence of control samples, and offers QC visualization with charts.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions! Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
For the specific release notes for Lab management 1.2 see (link) and for Analysis 4.2, see (link).
Workflow 1.1.3 (Feb 16, 2021)
- Redundant spaces at the start or end of an entered barcode are automatically removed
Workflow 1.1.2 (Feb 04, 2021)
- Tracking of Vantage instrument runfiles that uploaded via the importorchestrator
- Plate records are not shown in the plates view after upgrading from Workflow 1.0 to Workflow 1.1
Workflow 1.1.1 (Jan 22, 2021)
FastFinder Workflow, the solution within the FastFinder platform for sample and plate tracking across the entire path through the lab, also received a lot of attention in this release. Workflow can now handle analyses that happen across multiple plates. Usability improvements include manually adding samples to plates and resolving a batch of instrument errors in a single click.
Last but not least, as the list below illustrates, the list of supported instruments has grown significantly:
- CFX by Bio-Rad (.pcrd)
- MGISTP-7000 by BGI (.xlsx)
- MGISP-960 by BGI (manually tracked)
- TubeTransfer by Molgen (.csv)
- PurePrep by Molgen (manually tracked)
- oKtopure by LGC-Biosearch Technologies (.txt)
- Intelliqube by LGC-Biosearch Technologies (.csv)
- Vantage by Hamilton (.csv)
- Lynx LM700 by GC Biotech (.csv)
- Lynx LM1800 by GC Biotech (.csv)
- Multiple instrument errors can be resolved with a single action
- An overview of plates that are being processed is available for each individual workflow
- PCR plates that belong together are automatically combined in order to trigger one analysis encompassing the relevant PCR plates in FastFinder Analysis
- Flexibly adding samples to empty positions of a plate prepared by an instrument is now supported
The following issues have been fixed in the Workflow 1.1 release:
- Duplicate barcodes appearing in the queue, causing barcode consumption issues
- Workflow overview - temporary ‘loading’ rows are selectable
- Run comment is not being saved when completing a run
- At minimal resolution an incorrect well is selected when clicking a well that requires scrolling down to see it
- The user is not informed if no results are found when performing a search in the Workflow overview
- If all runs of a task are finished the first run of the task is shown in the Status column in the workflow overview
Article is closed for comments.