The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.3 adds a number of new functionalities and major improvements:
- Support of in- and ex-run absolute quantitative analyses
- Prevalence-driven contamination checks
- Support for the LineGene 9600 qPCR instrument
- A deeper Workflow integration allowing users to see Workflow sample comments during Analysis
- Visualisation of notifications in the plate view
FastFinder Workflow 1.2 adds a number of major improvements as well:
- Support for manually pipetted runs & barcode scanning in sample batching and sample prep
- Extended support for the Hamilton STARlet
- Swapping of samples on output plates
- Storage of previous run comments to simplify run comment tracking
- Better tracking of runs by parsing sample transfers directly from the file
- Support for Hamilton STARlet and Hamilton MAGex run tracking
- Support for Roche LightCycler 480II and Roche Cobas Z480 plate map generation
- Adding process controls on variable positions
- Improvements of plate user interaction, plate visualisations and plate content visualisations
Lab Management 1.3 took on board valuable user feedback, including:
- Visualisation of analysis results of authorized analyses, including a plate view
- New instruments can be configured from the instruments configuration
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions! Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
Analysis 4.3.2 (Apr 01, 2021)
- Curves dissapear when graph settings are changed
Analysis 4.3.1 (Mar 26, 2021)
With this release, absolute quantification assays are supported. An in-run standard curve can be computed using Quantification Standards with a known concentration. Moreover, valid standard curves can be re-used as ex-run standard curves to quantify analyses even though no quantification standards are available in the analysis itself.
Prevalence driven contamination checks are supported. With these statistics-driven checks, we'll determine whether the number of positives and number/size of positive clusters on your plate is abnormal or not for a specific prevalence.
Deeper WF integration: visualize comments that were given in WF when reviewing the results
And finally, the following newly supported instrument has been added to the FastFinder portfolio:
- LineGene 9600 by Bioer (.txt). To analyze LineGene 9600 experiments in FastFinder, first a Quantitation Amplification Results (Quan. AmpData) export to txt needs to be created.
- Notifications in the plate view: it is possible to visualize error and warning notifications in the plate view, and show wells that have been marked for retest
- Performance improvement to load results
- Usability improvements:
- settings, such as graph settings, are remembered so that the next time an analysis is opened the same settings are used
- it is possible to select text, such as sample names, in tables
- graphs and plates can be enlarged to full screen mode
The following issues have been fixed in the Analysis 4.3 release:
- Multiplate analyses with assignments in not all plates gives an error during PCR Setup
- Analysis fails if dyes don’t match case, e.g. CY5 vs Cy5
- Plate setup is not automated for AriaMx/Dx with a passive reference dye
- Wrong assay plugin is selected by default, when the minor version numer consists of more than one digit, e.g. v0.9 is chosen by default instead of v0.10
- When updating cut-offs before re-analyzing an analysis doesn’t update the cut-offs in the UI when clicking on the assay name; correct values are used for the analysis. Refreshing the page solves the issue.
- Usability issues that have been fixed:
- Resetting graph zoom when using logarithmic scale fails.
- Opening assay details in Results doesn’t show a scrollbar
- Selection using log scaling resets zoom level
- Well selection in plate sometimes has an offset
- The graph settings icon was quite lost on the left side of the graph, so we moved it to the right
- Synchronized the design of the sub-navigation in Analysis to be consistent with Lab Management and Workflow