The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.3 adds a number of new functionalities and major improvements:
- Support of in- and ex-run absolute quantitative analyses
- Prevalence-driven contamination checks
- Support for the LineGene 9600 qPCR instrument
- A deeper Workflow integration allowing users to see Workflow sample comments during Analysis
- Visualisation of notifications in the plate view
FastFinder Workflow 1.2 adds a number of major improvements as well:
- Support for manually pipetted runs & barcode scanning in sample batching and sample prep
- Extended support for the Hamilton STARlet
- Swapping of samples on output plates
- Storage of previous run comments to simplify run comment tracking
- Better tracking of runs by parsing sample transfers directly from the file
- Support for Hamilton STARlet and Hamilton MAGex run tracking
- Support for Roche LightCycler 480II and Roche Cobas Z480 plate map generation
- Adding process controls on variable positions
- Improvements of plate user interaction, plate visualisations and plate content visualisations
Lab Management 1.3 took on board valuable user feedback, including:
- Visualisation of analysis results of authorized analyses, including a plate view
- New instruments can be configured from the instruments configuration
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions! Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
For the specific release notes for Analysis 4.3 see (link) and for Workflow 1.2, see (link).
Lab Management 1.3.3 (Apr 21, 2021)
- Added support to track the sample transfers dynamically when a Tecan Freedom EVO is used at sample prep
Lab Management 1.3.2 (Apr 01, 2021)
- Supported instruments are shown for each assay in the PCR setup configuration of a workflow
- Regulatory labels of assays are shown multiple times in the PCR setup configuration of a workflow
Lab Management 1.3.1 (Mar 26, 2021)
When an analysis is authorized, it is now possible to see all results in the Analysis results section of the Archive. The same Summary view is available for your authorized analysis, including a plate view and interpreted results. For that purpose, the previously called Exports section has been renamed to Analysis results.
In the Samples module, it is now possible to create a CSV export of your filtered sample list.
Next, we’ve introduced an all new module called Insights BI. Insights BI is part of our FastFinder Insights offering and will allow you to get access to customized dashboards right where you do your lab work. To get access to FastFinder Insights, please visit www.ugentec.com/activate-insights.
Lastly, we’re now able to configure your FastFinder such that your team can login with their existing Microsoft Logins. If your organisation is interested in this functionality, feel free to reach out to our support team to see if you’re eligible for access.
- Filters used in Samples, Archive or Audit logs will be shown in the URL. This will allow you to bookmark the URL in case you have a fixed set of filters you want to run periodically
- When adding a QC tracking, a version is indicated
- It is possible to manage applications per user in Settings - Team
- Usability improvements:
- settings, such as show active and/or inactive assays, are remembered so that the next time the Assays module is opened the same settings are used
- it is possible to select (and copy) text, such as sample names, in tables
- graphs and plates can be enlarged to full screen mode
The following issues have been fixed in the Lab management 1.3 release:
- Users only having access to Analysis don't see a lab trajectory in Samples (when the lab uses workflow)
- Adding nametags on minimal screen resolution may not display the full text box
- Nametags with non-alphanumeric characters are not correctly displayed (additional backslash is visualized)
- Not all target filters are correctly applied when going to Target search via QC
- Target search and Samples table show a maximum of 10 000 results, though more results are available
- Input buttons are shown after changing cutoff values
- For assay plugins using contaminations settings in the Assays PCR detail screen, the checkboxes have been changed to toggles for consistency
- Synchronized the design of the subnavigation in Lab Management to be consistent with Analysis and Workflow
Article is closed for comments.