No. Every laboratory hosted on UgenTec products has its own, separate database instance. This means that data stored in the system is completely private to the individual laboratory. Access is managed by the laboratory manager (an explicit user role in our software platform’s access management system, which can be assigned to anyone at the lab site). The lab manager can create new software user accounts only within the specific lab the database has been set up for.
Articles in this section
- FastFinder: Quick Reference Card
- Assay plugin status
- What are the requirements to install FastFinder (Covid)?
- How to send a support package to FastFinder Support
- FastFinder known issues
- Will we lose our data in case of a system crash or data breach?
- We are dealing with healthcare data (PHI, Personal Health Information). How do you ensure the highest level of privacy and security?
- What are the safeguards against bad actors (hackers)? Is my data safe?
- Is my data stored in a shared database?
- Do I need direct internet access to use UgenTec products?