The advent of FastFinder Workflow 1.5, FastFinder Analysis 4.6 and Lab management 1.6 brings support for melting curve analyses, a major new capability that allows labs to implement even more of their assay menu on the FastFinder platform. The update also comes with several visualization and usability improvements – such as correcting barcode read errors for sample IDs, and with support added for a number of new cycler instruments.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
Lab management 1.6.1
With the addition of melting curve analyses to FastFinder Analysis, we extended Lab management capabilities so you can now visualize historic results of these new type of analyses. Additionally, you can configure QC tracking for melt targets with the melting temperature (Tm) and its corresponding peak height as metrics and visualize this in your Levey-Jennings charts.
Finally, you can extend the Analysis results CSV to output Tm values for detected targets (Target_x_tm), the target acquisition type (Target_x_acquisitiontype). For endpoint and amplification analyses, the baseline-corrected or normalized end fluorescence values can be exported as well (Target_x_endfluorescences), and so can the raw end fluorescence values (Target_x_rawendfluorescences). For more information on the Analysis results CSV, see (link).
- Improved Instrument search functionality
- Only compatible assays can be assigned to a workflow
- Improved visualization in exports that can be downloaded
The following issues have been fixed in the Lab management 1.6 release:
- Long assay names may be partly covered by the assay image when opening in the Assays module
- Controls added dynamically by nametag are not shown as control in the samples trajectory
- Orders table is shown empty after adding the first order
- FastFinder Insights dashboards are not shown when authentication token is expired. Refreshing the page fixes the issue.
- Status of saved standard curves is not fully shown
- Cutoff values larger than 1e6 cannot be saved
- Visualization of assay’s and target’s acquisition type
- Improved consistency in labels of buttons shown in dialogs
- Improved consistency in table header labels and filters
- Icons are shown in table filters. Options for Today and Last week are added to date filters
- Improved consistency in colors used for statuses