The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.8 and Lab management 1.8 brings support for a full integration with Roche FLOW systems, increased flexibility with quantitative analyses, and finally, we’ve added additional export capabilities including a new PDF export. Moreover, several improvements will help you more efficiently review and visualize results on the plate view and trace your controls in the Quality Control module.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
For the specific release notes for Analysis 4.8, see (link)
Lab management 1.8.2 (June 24, 2022)
- Run information of sample batching and sample preparation runs that contained duplicate sample ID’s was not stored correctly.
Lab management 1.8.1 (June 21, 2022)
We’ve extended FastFinder’s Quality Control (QC) module to increase traceability when the tracking configuration change. On top of that, when a mean and/or standard deviation (SD) changes, this will now be reflected in the Levey-Jennings charts by SD bands that are plotted according to the applicable tracking configuration at that time (see screenshot).
In addition, it’s now possible to define a coefficient of variation (CV) instead of just a standard deviation, and you can inactivate QC trackings in case they are no longer used.
If you don’t have access to the QC module, please get in touch with the support team or your UgenTec rep to receive a demo or trial access.
When marking a sample for retest, it’s mandatory to provide a retest reason. These reasons originate from a predefined list that can be managed by your lab, and are available in the Analysis results CSV, if enabled, so that your LIMS can take appropriate action for these samples depending on the reason (RetestReason).
Additional improvements to the Analysis CSV export include: the ability to output Assay results and linked target information (Target_x_yy) even when the sample was marked for retest; a reference for the assay result (AssayResultTargetReference) which can be entered in the LIMS tab of the Assays module; the target instrument references (Target_x_reference), details of individual replicate results (Target_x_result_perwell, Target_x_cq_perwell, Target_x_notifications_perwell, Target_x_concentration_perwell, Target_x_tm_perwell), audit trail information (RetestAuditTrail, Target_x_audittrail); as well as extraction plate information (Target_x_extractionplates, Target_x_extractionwells). For more information on the Analysis results CSV, see (link).
Finally, it is now possible to create a PDF export of authorized analyses, with options to export summary results, detailed results, audit trails and/or graphs.
- We made several improvements to quantitative analyses: it is now possible to edit standard curve criteria and to manually add standard curves in Lab management.
- Assay results can now be visualized in the plate view. Additionally, we made it easier to filter sample notifications.
- It is now possible to configure the time frame of what constitutes a previous result. Additionally, it is now possible to configure a predefined list of retest seasons.
- When making changes in Assay settings, the audit logs now contain more specific information on what has changed exactly.
- In Archive > Analysis results several improvements were made to selection and filtering of controls, standard curves and samples.
- In Archive > Analysis results, the Analysis name filter is changed from a ‘Starts with’ to a ‘Contains’ filter
- In Target results, it is possible to click on the Analysis name to open the authorized analysis in Archive > Analysis results
The following issues have been fixed in the Lab management 1.8 release:
- Assay names that end with a space in their name cannot be found when filtering in Samples and Target results
- Scrolling in audit logs is not always possible
- QC validity of melt controls is incorrectly shown Archive > Analysis results
- Authentication events are not shown in Audit logs
- Bad performance in Samples and Target results when a selection filter has many values
- It is not possible to open an analysis in Archive > Analysis results when an external standard curve is selected for a target that is not analyzed
- Targets in LIMS tab of Assays are not sorted
- Audit trail of edited melt target results does not contain the entered comment in the Analysis results Archive; it is however available in the Target results Archive
- Configuring tables is now easier: click the cogwheel at the top-right of tables to rearrange or hide columns on any table, across the FastFinder software
- Automation settings are moved to Analysis settings