All added assays are listed in the Assays list as an assay card. An added assay can not be removed (only inactivated). Assays using the same assay definition GUID (an assay identification number, determined in the back of the software) will be shown on the same assay card. These assays only consist of minor differences. Assays with a different assay definition GUID will be shown on an individual assay card. Note, that the assay GUID shown in the Assay Plugin specifications document will always be a unique identifier.
Assay list settings
An inactivated AP (version) is not removed from the FF environment, but only hidden. If enabled, the inactive assays are listed in the same overview as the active APs. Similarly, active can be hidden from the overview.
- In the overview of the assays, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Select ‘Show inactive assays’ to visualize inactive assays in the Assay overview.
Add a new assay
Assay plugins (APs) can be added and managed under 'Lab configuration' - 'Assays'.
To add a new AP (or new version of an existing AP):
- Click on 'Add new assay' on the top of the left-hand pane.
- A pop-up screen will appear containing an overview of the available assays. Select the assay(s) you would like to add to your FastFinder environment.
Hover over the devices, to see for which devices the AP is available. You can import multiple APs for multiple devices all at once. Click on ‘Version info’ to see which version of the AP will/can be imported.
- Click on 'Import selected' in the top right corner.
- The assay(s) will be added as a (new) assay card in the overview in the left-hand pane.
Which assays are available to be imported to your environment is in concordance with your relationship with the assay's developer. For commercial assays, the plug-in can be requested via the kit manufacturer.
Assay Plugins created in FastFinder Studio linked to your environment will be automatically visible in the new assay list to add.
See Lab Management - Lab configuration - Assays - General tab
See Lab Management - Lab configuration - Assays - PCR tab
Please sign in to leave a comment.