The release of FastFinder Analysis 4.10, Lab management 1.10 and Workflow 2.0 contains new features that support FastFinder being future-proof. The new release of Workflow enables powerful capabilities for PCR laboratories.
As always, it is feedback from you that informs our roadmap, and allows us to keep improving FastFinder, so we want to thank you for your continued suggestions. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can improve FastFinder even further.
Workflow 2.0.1 (December 12, 2022)
With this version of Workflow, FastFinder is able to support most PCR workflows out of the box. Our activity backbone allows us to configure many different levels of lab work. In general:
In your lab environment, we can configure many different workflows, each consisting of different activities, each consisting of different instruction sections.
With these new functionalities, our platform has the capability to grow beyond PCR and move into other modalities such as NGS, serology workflows and much more.
We’ve now introduced the ability to configure one or more flexible workflows for your lab. A flexible workflow supports the following capabilities:
- Start activities from orders, automatically created by the LIMS via file upload, added via manual file upload or added manually by your team in the orders module
- Define one or more manual, semi- or fully automated activities with:
- Filtering based on sample type(s) & qPCR assay(s), you can have two or more activities consume plates/ tubes from a single prior activity using filters;
- One or multiple steps in an activity containing instructions specifically required for your SOP’s, we can configure activities to resemble your own SOP/ IFU handbooks and track data using input fields, checkboxes as well as writing rich text content (Headers, paragraph, tables);
- Each instruction can be dynamic by making use of lab activity variables (eg. samples on a carrier, controls in a PCR setup, …) in formulas. The calculation of a formula can then also be filtered on Sample type, qPCR assay or qPCR Assay Mix.
- Plugins such as
- Fixed control assignment, add a specific control on a specific fixed position in your activity;
- Fixed qPCR assignment, add a specific plate layout to your plate, much like a fixed plate template in other qPCR instrument software;
- Dynamic qPCR assignment, have Workflow assume the plate setup defined in the file of your liquid handler for flexible workflows;
- Manual assay assignment, create a PCR plate visually by dragging and dropping mixes on the PCR plate;
- PCR Setup file generation (and download), create plate setup files for CFX, LightCycler and Quantstudio devices (V1.X).
- Next to that, we’ve built a beautiful, real-time updated lab overview that visualizes all of the activities, runs, samples and carriers that are active in your workflow;
- With Runs, we allow your team to get an overview of all the ongoing (manual or instrument-based) runs in your laboratory.
- FastFinder Analysis is now also an activity in the lab workflow, allowing us to configure different Analysis settings per Workflow.
- Debugging files is now easier than ever using pending instrument files. With this overview, you will be able to see the status of an instrument file and gather the required insights for troubleshooting the instrument file.
- With the release of our new orders module, we have moved the ‘active sample data to orders and the ‘archive visualization’ to “Samples” has been reorganized. Samples can now be found under Archive. Additional information is provided per sample, such as Order, Sample Type, Assay, and Result.
- Your legacy Sample records can be found via the link 'Looking for older samples?' in the “Samples“ module.