Some of the most vital services consumers and enterprises know and interact with every day have been running through off-premise hosting solutions for decades. One example: banking and financial services around the world. All of the banks you know run large parts of their technology on securely hosted data centers. That being said, specific rules, guidelines and best practices apply toPHI (Personal Health Information). UgenTec ensures that its platform supports compliance with guidelines such as GDPR (1*), APP (2*), HIPAA (3*), and general industry best practices. Moreover, to ensure the highest security standards, UgenTec also allows labs to be compliant with the CAP (4*)/CLIA (5*) security guidelines. UgenTec has obtained ISO 27001 compliance and an ISO 13485 clinical diagnostics grade QMS (Quality Management System). In selecting a partner for our hosted solutions, we’ve opted for a PaaS provider that’s highly secure by design, and that has a track record of providing services to software companies that manage and process PHI (Personal Health Information). For example, Microsoft has a long history of developing highly secure & safe software for enterprises and medical device industry that allow customers to be HIPAA compliant. For a full list of their compliance & quality efforts, navigate to the Microsoft Azure trust center, at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter/cloudservices/azure. Notable healthcare and diagnostics companies that use Microsoft Azure for off-premise hosting include Siemens Healthineers, Roche Diagnostics, Merck, GE Healthcare and the NHS. UgenTec enters into BAA agreements and DPA agreements regularly and when required (see below for definitions and details).
Definitions and details
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European piece of legislation which covers personal information and how consumers and businesses interact with it.
- The Australian Privacy Principles (APP) are part of the Privacy Act law that governs privacy of data in Australia.
- The Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a USA piece of legislation which provides security provisions and data privacy, in order to keep patients’ medical information safe.
- College of American Pathologists.
- The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) are United States federal regulatory standards that apply to all clinical laboratory testing performed on humans in the United States, except clinical trials and basic research.