As none of the data resides on the end user’s system, there would be no impact on data if your local computer would happen to crash – regardless of the cause. The result of every action performed by the user is instantly stored at the server-side. On the server side, should Microsoft Azure experience outages or should an entire data center go off-grid, data is always stored redundantly over multiple data centers in the same geo-political region. As a primary line of defense, all FastFinder components are hosted in replicate, spread over multiple physical datacenter buildings in a so-called “Azure Availability Zone”. In the extreme rare case where a complete availability zone would become unavaible – that is 3 physical buildings located several kilometers apart – UgenTec would perform a disaster recovery to a sister region in the same geopolitical region which has redundant copies of the data.
Articles in this section
- Do I need full internet access to use FastFinder products?
- Is my data stored in a shared database?
- What are the safeguards against bad actors (hackers)? Is my data safe?
- We are dealing with healthcare data (PHI, Personal Health Information). How do you ensure the highest level of privacy and security?
- Will we lose our data in case of a system crash or data breach?
- How does UgenTec help me access data on a hosted service while complying with GDPR?
- How does UgenTec protect personal data?
- Where does UgenTec host data?
- What data does FastFinder process?
- How does FastFinder help its partners comply with GDPR?